Technology Executive, Author & STEM Advocate
JJ DiGeronimo is the president of Tech Savvy Women, a national organization of experienced women in technology.
She is a featured columnist for Smart Business Magazine, a regular guest on TV and radio shows, and a preferred keynote speaker for many corporate events including Amazon, Symantec, Ingram Micro, Cisco, RIT, VMware, Nestle, WITI, Progressive, and KeyBank.
JJ began her career designing computer infrastructures for Fortune 500 companies after graduating with a computer information systems degree in 1995. She stays involved with emerging technologies, as she is a strategic advisor to venture capitalists (VC), investment teams and executives as it relates to routes-to-market and repeatable revenue streams.
With 20 years of experience in high tech, JJ advanced from entry-level technology positions into leadership positions within Silicon Valley-based technology companies. Recently she completed eight years at VMware, where JJ focused on Datacenter Technologies: Cloud Computing, Virtualization, and SDDC.
As a business consultant to Fortune 500 company leaders, JJ, draws on her prior job experience as well as the research she conducted over several years to pen the award-winning book “The Working Woman’s GPS.” She has also published the workbook “Before You Say Yes: Getting to Your Influence and Impact Center” and was a contributing author to the book “The Confident Woman, Tapping Into Your Inner Power”.
Through her keynotes and executive sessions, JJ shares effective leadership and inclusion strategies for professional women and corporations looking to retain diverse talent. Her work with professional women & girls in STEM is featured in Forbes and The Wall Street Journal along with many other publications.
Throughout her career, JJ has made a positive impact within the technology industry.
Her accomplishments and contributions include the following:
- Jumpstart Board Member, nonprofit Accelerator for High Growth Companies – 2015
- Strategic Advisor for STEMPoweredKids, CoolTechGirls and Her Ideas in Motion – 2014
- Initiated “What DO Women in STEM DO?” video channel – 2013
- Named to Top 25 People in Technology by Inside Business Cleveland
- Next Generation Indie Book Award for “The Working Woman’s GPS” – 2011
- Co-creator of Diversity Corporate Initiative Women on Purpose at VMware, to empower women in the technology industry and support career advancement – 2009
- Launched Tech Savvy Women, an experienced network of women in tech and STEM with over 1,600 members in three cities – 2008
- Innovation Award from the Small Business Network – 2005
- Entrepreneur Magazine featured her company, TechStudents, the largest database of technology graduates from 300 colleges and universities – 2004