Award Winning Books & Podcast for Women in Business
Career Strategies for Women that Work Podcast
Many professional women aspire to advance their careers. Yet, many encounter common obstacles when navigating the landscape both at work and at home. From corporate cultures to internal chatter, high-impact women are often searching for proven and actionable strategies to make their goals a reality.
With firsthand experience in demanding roles while juggling the numerous demands outside of work, JJ DiGeronimo, a woman in tech turned award-winning author for working women, shares some of her best strategies to empower women at work and in life right here.
From self-efficacy to self-boundaries, from asking for a raise to landing a board seat to maneuvering guilt, this podcast offers a series of proven initiatives for women looking to accelerate their professional paths. As many have already learned, much of what happens on the outside starts on the inside. So don’t be surprised if we chat about mindfulness, mediation, and ancient practices too!
My goal with Career Strategies for Women that Work is to create safe places to learn, explore and identify what is no longer serving us with opportunities to unleash our inner knowing to illuminate our next level of impact. Through personal anecdotes, examples, and stories from those who have stumbled, fallen, and succeeded, this podcast shares insight to focus on specific actions to maximize your talents and make your professional goals a reality.
Click Episode Below for Show Notes, Podcast Questions & Worksheets
- Episode 1: Moving Beyond Burnout with Perspective, Focus & Gratitude
- Episode 2: Aligning Your Yeses for Your Next Level of Impact *Includes 4 Page Worksheet*
- Episode 3: Leaping from Impostor Syndrome to More Self-Efficacy
- Episode 4: 5 Things You Need to Know to Get Promoted Beyond Good Work *Includes Worksheet*
- Episode 5: Do You Give Your Power Away at Work? *Includes Questions for Women’s Groups*
- Episode 6: Strategically Sharing Your Accomplishments *Includes Worksheet*
- Episode 7: Solo Trips – Creating Space for You
- Episode 8: Why Women Need Mentors & Sponsors at Work *Includes Worksheet*
- Episode 9: Sidestepping Self-Doubt *Includes Fear Chart*
- Episode 10: Creating Relevance to Bridge Your Professional Gaps *Includes Worksheet*
- Episode 11: Unlocking Inspiration at Work – 5 Energizing Tips
- Episode 12: Untapped Career Insights – Human Design, Enneagram & Birth Charts
- Episode 13: Are Your Talents Still Buried? *Includes Worksheet*
- Episode 14: Asking for A Raise – 10 Proven Steps to Prepare *Includes Worksheet*
- Episode 15: 5 Wins from Every No
- Episode 16: Are You Working On Your Career? Or Only In Your Career? *Includes Worksheet*
- Episode 17: Perfectionism is a Trap
- Episode 18: Who Is Influencing Your Career & Life? *Influence Chart*
- Episode 19: Feeling Depleted? Tap into Your Fuel Stations
- Episode 20: Are you Ready to Add Board of Director to your Resume? *Free Board Chapter*
- Episode 21: What Stories are Holding You Back?
- Episode 22: Career Questions to Ask with Remote Roles & Hybrid Jobs *Download Article*
- Episode 23: What should you STOP Doing to START Thriving?
- Episode 24: Is Your Perception Impacting Your Outlook?
- Episode 25: Let Your Next Level of Impact Begin
- Episode 26: Are You Aligned to the Right Projects? *Download Chart*
- Episode 27: Lateral Moves – 6 Career Benefits
- Episode 28: Human Design Can Help You Avoid Career Burnout with Shannon McAlister *Human Design Types Chart*
- Episode 29: Feeling Guilty? Tools to Manage the Guilt
- Episode 30: How to Say “No” At Work
- Episode 31: Using Fear As A Force with Dawna Jones
- Episode 32: 7 Lessons From A Recovering Overachiever with Karen Mangia
About the Award-Winning Book, Accelerate Your Impact
Many professional women aspire to advance their careers. Yet many encounter a sea of obstacles because they don’t have “the playbook” to navigate corporate cultures and industries.
With more than 20 years of experience in the tech industry, JJ DiGeronimo is no stranger to navigating the twists and turns of moving from entry-level positions to leadership. She’s learned firsthand that securing that next position, a board seat, or even starting a new initiative often requires women to enhance their relevance, establish new sponsors, and expand their network.
In Accelerate Your Impact: Action-based Strategies to Pave Your Professional Path, JJ offers a series of proven initiatives that high-impact men and women leverage to accelerate their professional paths.
Through personal anecdotes, examples, and stories from those who have stumbled, fallen, and succeeded, JJ shares this playbook for professional women to focus on specific actions to maximize their talents and make their professional goals a reality.
Both of JJ’s Boks are recognized as Top Professional Books for Women:
- 5 Business Books Every Woman Needs For Success: https://medium.com/blackruby/5-business-books-every-woman-needs-for-success-81864822c546
- Successful Women Studied These 11 Books: https://prettyprogressive.com/successful-women-studied-these-11-books/
- 13 Books That Inspire Modern Women To Speak Out: https://improveherhealth.com/13-books-that-inspire-modern-women-to-speak-out/
- 9 Brilliant Books All Women Need To Read Before They Die: https://fupping.com/jacobjacobowitz/2019/09/23/9-brilliant-books-all-women-need-to-read-before-they-die/
Keynotes, Workshops & Webinars
With two award-winning books, recent topics include:
- Strategies for maneuvering the professional landscape to increase impact & influence
- Techniques to minimize common career pitfalls
- Approaches that identify and tap into career sponsors
- Moving beyond biases, Impostor Syndromes, and self-limiting preferences that to positively influence teams and leaders
- Strategies to foster thought-diverse teams to inspire innovation
My consulting and speaking fees are based on characteristics of engagement. Here are some examples of my work:
- Recent Keynotes
- Keynotes & Presentations
- Corporate Book Clubs
- Popular Articles
- 100 videos for Professional Women in STEM Careers on YouTube
Although much of my work is within STEM-based initiatives, I have keynoted for non-technical organizations and audiences such as Jo-Ann Stores, Union Pacific Railroad, SEAR’s, Nestle as the content is applicable and relatable to most thriving professional women (and men!)
- Download free chapters
- Order a signed book with a discount
- Read reviews left on Amazon
- Forbes Article: Women In Tech: The Crucial Steps To Accelerate Career Growth